- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable, canola, avocado or other oil of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Combine the oats, wheat flour, coconut, sugar, chocolate chips and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients (oil, vanilla extract and honey).
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Place granola mixture on a parchment lined 30x20cm baking sheet and shape into a rectangle.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then cut into 7x3cm bars
EXTRA: decorate your granola bars with melted chocolate before cutting them into separate bars. You can also replace some of the oats with chopped nuts, chopped dried fruit, dried berries or even toasted seeds.