This creamy garlic seafood pasta dish is so delicious that you are going to want to make it again and again. The best part is that it is super easy and quick to make – the perfect dish for your holiday at Uvongo River Resort!
2 tbsp olive oil
250g shrimp/prawns, peeled and deveined
150g mussels, with shells but debearded
150g calamari tubes
2 tbsp butter
4 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp chilli flakes
½ cup white wine
1-2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup parsley, finely chopped
500g cooked pasta (of your choice) + 1 cup cooking water reserved
- Drizzle some oil in a large pan and allow to heat up.
- Add the seafood to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook the seafood until it turns golden brown. The shrimp/prawns shouldn’t take longer than a minute and the calamari and mussels should take 5 minutes. Make sure not to overcook to avoid it being tough and rubbery. (Top tip: discard any mussels that remain closed.)
- Remove the seafood from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the butter, garlic, and chilli flakes to the same pan and stir until you can smell the aromas. Then add the lemon juice and wine. Allow to simmer
- Add the cream to the pan and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the seafood to the pan and add some parsley. Stir until combined.
- Add the pasta and a tablespoon of the pasta cooking water. Toss until fully coated.
- Garnish with parsley.